The Art Institute of San Antonio Aii, LLC
Student Success Advisor
Who We Are!
Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute locations that provide an important source for design, media, fashion and culinary art professionals. We offer programs that focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion marketing.
Benefits We Offer!
The Arts Institutes is committed to offering competitive salary and benefits, which may include:
- Medical Insurance / Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Care / Dental Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO / 12 Paid holidays
Summary: The responsibility of the Student Success Advisor is to serve as the primary student contact on campus and assist in completion of the student’s educational experience at an Art Institute campus. The role will provide guidance on all academic and financial policies / questions for students and their families, including federal and state aid, alternative loans, scholarship inquiries and all other available funding options. Through the use of consistent and effective outreach, the Advisor will build a strong, supportive relationship with their students to assist in the process of course identification and registration, career planning and academic goal setting. The Advisor plays an integral role in the success of new and continuing students as they seek to complete their educational pursuits.
Incumbent must assure that the Art Institutes (Aii) philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Provides the Department Chair with completed Student Appeals documentation and address any financial concerns. Assists with degree plans/audits, course substitutions, adds/drops, withdrawals and change of majors. Monitors student probationary terms; including them on CSR (Continuing Student review) reporting. Provides advice on best path forward.
- In collaboration with Academic Affairs leadership maintain direct contact with assigned students including, but not limited to monitoring attendance and academic progress; discussing and supporting the student as he/she resolves academic issues that occur in the classroom environment; informing and appraising students of available resources and working with students having trouble academically or in other areas, helping them to develop and implement student actions (success) plans.
- Identifies students at-risk for academic failure and develop and implement strategies to drive student success. Meets with and refers students to available resources. Including creating programming based on student trends (i.e., wellness, financial literacy).
- Demonstrates clear understanding related to academic programs, college policies and procedures, and federal regulations. Comprehension of /and ability to explain the Student Handbook and College Catalog. Responds to inquiries from students and/or their advocates regarding academic policies and procedures, degree programs, major options, career, and education goals, utilizing knowledge of institution policies and procedures.
- Communicates with students effectively through both routine and non-routine email contact -including social media, BrightSpace portal, texting system and traditional phone calls.
- Revises the funding estimate and repack for students’ upcoming award year. Review any change in financial obligations with students/parents and present new payment options along with their resultant time lengths while revising the note in Tuition Options. If required assist student and family with FAFSA renewal and the accurate completion and collection of any additional documents that are necessary.
- Assists VA students with their benefits and questions as needed. Ensure that VA students are fully aware of their responsibilities to the school and that the student’s school file includes all copies of VA paperwork Apprise SCO of any veteran with potential benefit changes or concerns that could impact the student receiving their benefits timely each quarter.
- Maintains consistent clean files shown through Training Assessments for Compliance with Federal/State regulations, school policies and procedures. -Less than a 10% error rate per term and less than a 5% potential liability rate for the year. Pass one certification per calendar year. Demonstrates proficiency in timely document collection and repack processing within your OPEID as defined by the Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Assists students, as needed with course registration including web-registration, reviewing course selection, assisting with forms and web requests for registration overrides and curriculum variances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Dean of Student Success
Interacts With: Department Chairs, FT Faculty, Registrar, students
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in position providing support to students at the college level (i.e. student advising, financial aid, student affairs etc.)
- Experience in the educational process of enrollment, supporting and engaging with students representing a diverse population
- Excellent communication and virtual presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven skills in effective communication within a virtual environment.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills. Ability to work effectively in a remote environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple priorities, multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to address training needs for all student facing functions (admissions, student service, academics and finance).